Impact Art Contest Winner Gets Art Featured On a Face Mask
Proceeds Go To Cause of Winner's Choice
Ecomask is proudly co-hosting an art contest with Art for Activism (AFA). Together we present a unique and relevant medium for personal expression and creativity in a year marked by isolation.
In times of crisis, pandemic, and social unrest, art can amplify important voices and foster connection. We believe art matters now just as much as it ever has.
We invite artists from around the world to submit their work. The winning artwork will be featured on a special edition Ecomask. The artist will receive 5 free masks with their artwork and will earn 20% of proceeds from the sale of the sustainable face mask. They can keep the funds or donate them to a cause of their choosing.
Ecomask aims to use this project to offer an inspired solution to the long-lasting and harmful impacts that single-use face masks will have on our planet.
- Qualify. Contestants must follow AFA (@artforactivismm) and Ecomask (@ecomaskco) on Instagram for the duration of the contest.
- Submissions. Artwork submission must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full name, email address, and phone number of the artist must accompany the submission.
- Format. Artwork submissions must be sent in high-resolution jpg, pdf, or png files. A face mask template is available for download (here) as a guideline for the shape but the art does not need to be submitted in this shape.
- Deadlines. The contest will open on December 1st, 2020 and submissions must be received by January 15th, 2021. Voting will take place from the 15th-31st of January 2021. The winner will be announced on February 1st, 2021.
- Winner selection. 5 finalists will be selected by our judge panel. The winning artist will then be chosen by the number of “likes” the submission receives via the AFA (@artforactivismm) and Ecomask (@ecomaskco) Instagram accounts. A combined total from both accounts will be considered. All submissions will be given equal exposure on these social media accounts.
- Winner announcement. The winner will be contacted via Social Media and email. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours a second runner-up will be named winner. Co-hosts reserve the right to name more than one winner.
- Restrictions. Only one submission per artist will be allowed. No age limits will be applied. No restrictions based on geographic location will be applied. Submissions that express hate or encourage violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation will be immediately disqualified.
- Special Edition Face Mask. The winning artist agrees to license their art to Ecomask LLC for three months during which time the special edition face mask featuring the artist's work will be exclusively available for sale on https://ecomask.co. The winning artist will earn 20% of the proceeds from the special edition face mask. The winning artist agrees that their winning art submission will not be used for making or selling any other facemasks during this three-month period or the winner will forfeit their proceeds. The winner will receive five (5) special edition face masks in the size of their choice.
- Contest rules subject to change.